Sunday, June 7, 2009

'Press' the Grapes

I was checking out this months Vanity Fair Magazine, I like Vanity Fair, good reporting and writing, something very hard to find these days. They are running a story this month about how well the Obama Administration handles the press, compared to other Administration's. I was also watching CNN and they were reporting basically the same thing. I like when President can control the spin coming out of the White House. Over the years I've seen this done badly. Where the press has the administration chasing their tail and explaining after every little cliche that happens through the course of a day.
President Clinton comes to mind, during the Lewinski debacle, Clinton would be a state functions or sitting with world leaders and the press would ask him about the most nonsensical things. Those people had no leash on the dog, (that is the press). You have to keep a tight leash on the press in my opinion or they will muddle your message and lead you to places you don't want to go. In the VF article they talk about how disciplined and smart Obama and his people are concerning the media. and how the administration strategically releases information that they need for the press and the American people to know. I think Rahm Emanuel has had big hand in this, he has always been a person who could mold the media to his liking.
I was outside this morning checking on the grapes, blueberries, peppers and Kiwi's, I have growing in my yard. everything is great. But while I was out, two of my neighbors were passing and admiring our landscape. So we strike up a conversation and I take them on a tour of the yard. This has happened about 9 or 10 times his season, it's interesting because we have virtually no blooming flowers in our landscape all Agave's, dwarf evergreen materials, some climbing Roses for our only burst of color, and vining grapes, blueberries, kiwis and cherry tomatoes. This season I built four bamboo trellis about 5 feet high for the roses, grapes and kiwi to climb. From the street the look is fresh, I've never seen anyone do it. I'm sure I'll see it everywhere next year, but by then, I'll be on to something new. This is what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment