Monday, June 8, 2009

IL grass

These days, for a reporter to move up in the ranks of a newspaper or news outlet the reporter has to put themselves in ever more precarious positions in ever more dangerous places. Sometimes they have to ask politicians or heads of states shocking questions in public arena's. These days you are likely to find Anderson Cooper (CNN) or Anne Curry (NBC) anyplace around the world with a camera crew; Iran, Somali or North Korea.
This brings me to my point, Currrent TV reporters Enua Lee and Laura Ling were sentenced to 12 years of hard labor by the Courts in North Korea. I don't know how I feel about that, it's like a person poking a stick at a lion through a cage and then being mad that the lion bit them. As we have all witnessed from watching the evening news, Kim Jong Il is a flat out nut. Why would you be over in North Korea messing with that man's people. Someone had to have told these two journalist that if your caught over there, "your on your own". Now I see Ling's sister Lisa (the more famous reporter for (National Geographic and NBC fame) on the evening news crying and asking the Obama administration to intervene.

America and North Korea are anything but friends, we have no juice in North Korea, quite the contrary. Jong Il probably relishes in being able to hold these two young journalist over the American people heads. He makes Obama have to ask for favors from people he 's trying to ostracize right now, for the missile they've been launching as of recently. It's a shame.

To me, this has a lot to do with reporters going to more and more dangerous lengths to try to make a name for themselves. The problem is, when things don't work out, America has to come and grovel to despots for their releases. The same scenario just played out in Iran, where a female reporter was jailed for spying/reporting in Iran. They released her, but only after the Obama Administration had to come with hat in hand.

America may have to start to new policy where they say to reporters if you go to dangerous inhospitable places you may have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

It's going to be hot in Atlanta this week, bordering on 90 degrees everyday. I'm concerned with the grass at all my clients properties. I don't have tremendous amount of grass on my properties, but the grass I do have is fescu, a dark green, year round grass, that doesn't do to well when the sun beats down on it for long periods of time. I also have fescu at my own home.

I'm thinking that I need to (unfortunately) turn on the irrigation at a few of my properties. This isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Some light weight computer programming of the systems is necessary. Also testing to see if everything is working properly from the year before, if you have a few large properties like I do, it's going to take all day. It's all good though, that's why a person gets paid the medium bucks. Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment