Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Politics and Palms

I was sitting on are stoop, (our front porch) this morning. Thinking. Last night the sorority house (literally) next door to us had a party, Pretty little hard belly's playing loud rap and R&b music, imagine that. My wife complain to me about what we should do, but what could I say, I use to do the same thing.

I was surveying my back forty this morning and I've acquired some Palms-Silver palms, King Palms, and a Banana Palm. They are what 2 or 3 feet tall, not big at all. I'm thinking I'll put one up front and the rest around our backyard which is about to be under construction.

I try to explain to customers that it would actually be much more cost effective to buy smaller less expensive plant material, (unless you just have to have it). The Palms I got came from a nursery for 5bucks a piece. I see these Palms at Home Depot maybe a foot or two taller for 80, 90 dollars. Buy small , put the plant in the right light (very important) and it will jump out of the ground the (second) year. Not gonna get much the first season but the second and third year, golden.

I was watching President Obama with Nancy Reagan yesterday and it struck me that Barack always seems so reassuring in his decision making. He was cool as cucumber, Nancy Reagan was holding onto his arm like it was a life preserver in the Ocean, it was cute.

I see that Tom Pawlenty Republican Governor of Minnesota is not running for re-election. Very impressive man, people are talking about him running for the President as the Republican nominee in 2012. Between Pawlenty and Mitt Romney, Baracks gonna have his hands full if everything isn't running smooth and folks aren't working. I'll still take Barack.

No comments:

Post a Comment